Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So much for being dedicated...

I was so excited that I had finally started my blog. Now millions (hee) of readers could read my very important thoughts about very important subjects such as how people should be raising their children. The first two posts went rather well. Fairly close together. I made a really nice background choice. Then....well...I'm not sure what happened. I let life take over as is all too usual and the poor blog didn't happen. Then, I log in tonight and saw two comments from two very dear people that I didn't know they had made. Sigh. I wish I didn't procrastinate so much. I wish I could "get it all together" and do everything I wanted to. Take sewing, for instance. I would so love to sit down and sew beautiful clothes for AliBeth, new quilts for my bed, etc. But alas, I am too preoccupied with everything else right now to chase that dream. I have aspired my entire life to become a writer. I would make the perfect writer. I am already good at daydreaming and am given to long periods of lounging. But alas, I got married and had a baby. Marriage and babies aren't at all conducive to long periods of daydreaming and lounging. Maybe this blog will become a tiny window into the coveted writer's life. I shall do better. For my sake and for the sake of my three followers.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes with kids and marriage you find yourself going through the motions, forgetting all the personality aspects that differed you from all the other SAHMs. It's easy(!) to put yourself aside and do for your family 24/7, but you need to make Rachael time too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seeing that now! I will try to do better. I remember when I used to change my nail (including toes!) polish every night. EVERY NIGHT. I can't even imagine that now. haha. While things like that are very trivial and maybe even vain, it's just an example of how we as women can lose everything that makes us us. So....even though I do NOT at all begrudge my beautiful family the losing of myself...I find I am a better wife/mother/and even Christian when I can take a short time out for myself to regroup and breathe. So, in the interest of bettering myself in order to be better for my family, I will slowly find time for my hobbies again.

    ReplyDelete